Windows Update Error code 8024001f Info:
It mainly occurs if your Windows Updates don’t install properly or your system got shutdown while update installing. Some of the common reason that will rise this Error Code 8024001f:
- Slow internet connection while updating windows.
- Windows updates not installed.
- System shutdown while installing windows updates.
- Might your have installed partially installed updates.
- Forcefully shut down the system while installing windows updates.
- Uncertainly shutdown your PC while getting your Windows Updates to install.
To resolve this windows updates error 8024001f you may follow the below steps. Be careful while performing the below steps, if you are not familiar with that or any interruption happens then it might cause some other error or OS corrupt.
Note: Please make sure your system connected with the power adopter and your internet connection is working. And if possible then create your windows backup so at least you can recover that file. And one more thing doesn’t keep any important document in your OS installation drive.
Steps to Fix Windows Update Error Code 8024001f:
Method 1: Check the current Windows Updates Status
Follow the below steps:
- Click on windows key then click on setting (only for Windows 10)
- OR Click on Windows key and type windows updates and open windows update center.
- Click on Updates & Security and click on Check for Updates button.
Method 2: Run the Windows update, troubleshooter.
Follow the below steps:
- Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and choose the option Troubleshooting.
- From the new Windows click on “View all” located left side of the panel.
- Run the troubleshooter names Windows update and follow the instructions.
Method 3: Reset Windows Update Components.
Resetting the update components may fix the issue as they are the critical services running background for a Windows update. Please check the below article about how to perform reset windows update components and check if it helps.
Method 4: Resetting the registry Value.
- Type Windows Key + R and type regedit press Enter.
- Locate the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- Right-click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
- Click OK and Exit.
- Restart the PC and try to perform the update again.
Disclaimer: If you are not familiar with registry keys or not have technical knowledge then don’t modify the registry incorrectly, if you did incorrectly then serious problems might occur in your system. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
Note: To make sure your system does not get corrupt and for additional protection, please back up your registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
If you are Still getting Windows Update Error Code 8024001f then you may contact with technical expertise that will solve your issues.