Windows 10 was offered as a free upgrade to Windows 7 and Windows 8 users, and most users have switched to Windows 10 without any problems. However, it seems that some users cannot activate their copy of Windows 10. Users have reported windows activation error code 0xc004f050 on Windows 10, so let’s see how to fix this error.
Windows activation error code 0xc004f050 usually means that your CD key isn’t working, and in most cases, Microsoft blames this problem on server capacity.
So the most common solution is to wait for a few days, usually about 48 hours before trying to activate your copy of Windows 10.
Despite being patient users haven’t been able to fix this error and they are still getting windows activation error code 0xc004f050 activation error on Windows 10.
How to fix windows activation error code 0xc004f050 in Windows 10?
- Upgrade to Windows 10, and then perform a clean install
- Confirm your product key
- Use the Windows 10 activation troubleshooter
- Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
Upgrade to Windows 10, and then perform a clean install
When switching to Windows 10 many users make a mistake of performing a clean install instead of an upgrade.
With all previous versions of Windows we were thought to perform a clean install, but things work a little differently with Windows 10.
The proper way to install Windows 10 is to upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 first and then to perform a clean install. As for the upgrade you can use Media Creation Tool to upgrade.
It’s important not to do clean install first because Windows 10 will check if your Windows 7 or Windows 8 is genuine.
If you own a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8, after you upgrade to Windows 10 your operating system will be activated and labeled as genuine.
This is why it’s crucial that you upgrade and not perform a clean install when switching to Windows 10.
After you’ve upgraded to Windows 10, you can easily format your hard drive and perform a clean install as long as your Windows 10 gets activated.
This might be a big confusing for some people, but the best way to fix activation error code 0xc004f050 on Windows 10 is to do an upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 and then perform a clean install.
Note:- Performing clean installation of windows 10 will remove all data and installed applications from your system. Before proceeding clean installations You may follow the steps to perform clean installations with your own risk or get help with our online live help professional support.
Upgrade to windows 10 without perform clean installation
you may follow the process of upgrading to windows 10 without perform clean installation. In this process you may not loose any data or installed applications.
1. Download Windows 10 ISO using Media Creation Tool
2. Open the file folder right click on Media creation tool and ‘Run as Administrators’.
3. Accept Applicable notice and license terms
4. Choose create installation media for another PC and Next
5. Choose ISO File and Next
6. Save ISO in file location
7. Open the folder location for windows.iso
8. Right click on windows iso file and click ‘Run as Administrators’
9. Choose Mount
10. Right click on Setup.exe and ‘Run as Administrator’
11. Click on next to check for updates
12. After checking updates, if you see the keep files options, then proceed to install
This process will take long time and the system will restart several times. Please wait till the process has been completed.
2. Confirm your product key
If this error occurred after you upgraded from an older Windows 10 version to the latest Windows 10 release, try reconfirming your product key.
- Go to Start > type ‘settings’ > launch the Settings page
- Navigate to Update & Security > select the Activation option
- In the Windows activation window > select Change product key
- Enter your administrator password if prompted > Continue
- Type your product key > hit Next
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
3. Use the Windows 10 activation troubleshooter
You can also fix activation issues by using Windows 10’s dedicated troubleshooter. As you already know, Windows 10 features a series of troubleshooting tools that allow users to quickly fix technical issues with a simple click.
To use the Windows 10 activation troubleshooter, go to Start > Update & Security and click on Activation.
Scroll down a bit and you’ll find the activation troubleshooter. Launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to fix error 0xc004f050.
Solution 4 – Reactivate Windows after a hardware change
Error 0xc004f050 is more common than you may think among users who recently upgraded their hardware. For example, Windows 10 perceives motherboard replacement as a major change.
Usually, when the OS detects such major hardware changes, it stops working.
Fortunately, if error 0xc004f050 occurred after you replaced your motherboard, you can fix using three solutions:
- Install Windows 7 or Windows 8 again and upgrade to Windows 10
- Purchase the Windows 10 license key
- Install Windows 7 or 8 on new hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10
Its better to perform the steps with a professional to prevent data lose. To get professional support, start live chat with our 24×7 online help support.